Bacon and Maple Syrup Pancakes
If you get lucky Pancakes!
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Caroline Artiss
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
The salty bacon and sweet maple syrup make a perfection combination on top of thick fluffy pancakes.
- Pancake Batter:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup / 125g plain flour
- 2 tbsp yoghurt Greek,
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 3 tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- Maple syrup
- 4 rashers of bacon
- Start by mixing the yoghurt and bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl and leave to one side
- It will fizz up.
- Next add the flour to a roomy bowl, crack the eggs into the centre and begin to whisk into the flour
- Slowly adding the milk in, whisk all the lumps out, then add the yogurt and a pinch of salt, whisk all together until smooth
- Heat a small knob of butter in a pan and put a spoonful of the pancake mix in the pan and leave to cook for 1 - 2 minutes each side
- Taking care not to burn – they burn easily so keep the heat low
- While the pancakes are cooking, you can put your bacon under the grill to cook
- Serve pancakes with a couple of rashers of bacon on top and lashings of maple syrup
- To save your pancakes going cold while your cooking them all, cover with a clean tea towel, or tin foil.