Garlic Alfredo Fettuccine Pasta
This is a quick, easy and deliciously creamy pasta to make for dinner, my simple garlic Alfredo pasta. You can add other ingredients to it if you like, for example bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and so on.
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped,
- 1 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup parmesan
- 150g fettuccine
- Pinch of salt
- Put a pan of salted water on to heat and bring to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 -10 minutes until al dente if it's dry. Or if you can get fresh pasta that will taste the best and will only take 2 minutes to cook.
- While the pasta is cooking you can make the sauce.
- Add the butter and garlic to a large frying panon a very low heat and leave to cook for a few seconds to bring out the garlic flavor.
- Take pan off the heat
- Add the cream and then the egg yolk and whisk gently together
- Once the pasta is cooked, using a pair of tongs take the pasta out of the water and then add it straight into the sauce, giving a little stir and shake of the pan to toss and coat everything together.
- Add a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of parsley on top!