Recipe Type: Dips
Serves: 1 cup
I made this recipe for the 2011 Food Bloggers Connect conference in London. I used Olives from Spain. A tapenade is a great way to use olives and turn them into a mouthwatering dip. This is my twist on a Mediterranean Tapenade. A bit of chilli and fresh coriander adds a bit of spice to the olives, anchovies and capers.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, juice only
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 small tin anchovy fillets
- 200g black olives, pitted
- 1 big tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 – 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and whiz for 30 seconds
- You can make it as smooth or rough textured as you like
- Serve with pita or however you like
This is great on top of slices of crusty toasted bread, or use as a dip with pitas. It makes a fab change from just hummus as dips for a party. You can even spread this on chicken breasts or fish to add more flavor when cooking.