Strawberry and Banana Ice cream
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Caroline Artiss
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 3 cups
This is an instant ice cream recipe using a low fat Greek Yogurt so it's healthier for you. It's made using frozen bananas and strawberries and kids and grown up's will love it. I always freeze fruit which hasn't been eaten and is about to turn as I hate wasting food, then you can make ice cream with it for a quick, easy and healthy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup natural firm / Greek Yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- Blitz all ingredients together until smooth in a strong food processor
- Serve straight away or pop in an airtight, freezer proof container and leave to set in the freezer for 2 hours
It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. When you want to eat it make sure you take it out 10 minutes before as it will be very hard.