Sesame Beef Lettuce Wraps
Sesame Beef Lettuce Wraps- Low Carb!
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Author: Caroline Artiss
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Try out this tasty little snack that is delicious, easy and low in carbs!
- 300g beef steak, cut into thin strips (rump or sirloin)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 red pepper , deseeded and thinly sliced
- small chunk of cucumber thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger , thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, washed and finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 Baby Gem lettuces
- In a small bowl mix together the beef and cornflour so the beef is all coated
- Next make the sauce
- Put the soy sauce, sweet chilli, honey, spring onions, ginger, sesame seeds, and sesame oil into a bowl and mix together
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the beef until it is brown all over
- Pour in all your sauce and keep cooking and stirring until the sauce has been absorbed and it is brown and sticky
- Tear off small leaves of lettuce and arrange on a serving plate
- Place a few bits of red pepper and cucumber strips in each piece of lettuce
- Top with your beef and serve!
- You can also serve this dish with a small bowl of extra chilli sauce for people to dunk into.