Recipe Type: Snacks
Author: Caroline Artiss
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 people
Kale chips are really easy to make yourself at home, much cheaper than buying in the store, and you can experiment with the flavors at home. Such a healthy snack to nibble on.
- 1 bunch of kale (approx 8 leaves)
- zest of 1⁄2 a lemon
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- (optional pinch of sugar balances out the tart lemon… but that’s up to your taste buds!)
- Oven preheat at 275F / 120c
- Start by preparing your kale
- Wash and make sure the leaves are dry
- Cut out the inner stalk from the kale leaf and discard
- Chop the kale into chunky pieces and pop into a large bowl
- Sprinkle with olive oil and using your hands rub it into the leaves
- Spread kale evenly onto a baking try and pop into the oven for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- The kale will be lovely and crispy, as soon as you take it out of the oven, sprinkle the salt, cayenne and lemon zest over the top and toss together.
- Munch on the same day…