Egg White Omelette
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Caroline Artiss
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
If you want less calories in your omelette - leave out the egg yolks! An egg white omelette is still delicious and I had to try it out for myself. Hope you enjoy this very simple recipe of mine, you can add pretty much whatever you like to your omelette so have fun experimenting.
- 2 or 3 egg whites (depending how hungry you are)
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- ½ ripe avocado
- drizzle olive oil
- hot sauce to serve
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil
- Add onions and leave to cook for 2 –3 minutes until they go soft.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 30 seconds
- whisk egg whites in a separate bowl briefly with a fork, this fluffs them up a bit
- Pour the egg whites into the pan and swirl it around so it covers the bottom of the pan
- Sprinkle chopped coriander on top and season with a pinch of salt and pepper
- It won’t take long for the egg to cook, once it’s mainly solid on top you’ll know it’s cooked through
- Fold it over and heat of omelette will cook any bits that are a little wobbly.
- You can always place the omelette under the grill if you want to cook the top quicker
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle the avocado on top, and a dash of hot sauce always goes very well!
You can remove the ingredients from the pan before you add the eggs or just add eggs straight in while they are cooking.