Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies- for the kid in you!
Recipe Type: Cakes & Baking
Author: Caroline Artiss
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 32 mins
For the kid in all of us, this simple and easy recipe teaches you how to make some yummy, soft cookies in next to no time.
- 1 1/2 cups / 225g self raising flour
- 150g melted and cooled butter
- 1 cup 220g of soft brown sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g / 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Non stick baking tray or with greaseproof paper
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180 c / 350F
- Start by putting the flour and sugar into a large bowl
- Then mix the eggs, melted butter and vanilla in a separate bowl then pour into the flour mixture Mix everything together until it starts turning lumpy and coming together
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix well
- Roll about a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball gently in your hand then place onto a baking tray
- Make sure you leave a gap between each ball, as when they go in the oven they will spread
- Leave about 2 inches between each ball
- Once you have rolled all your cookie dough pop the tray into the oven for 10 – 12 minutes
- Or until golden brown
- Leave the cookies to cool on the tray for a minute or two and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool down.
Tip – to make a change you could add nuts or raisins in too, just sprinkle a few in the mixture.