Baked Camembert with Fig, Cranberries and Pecans
- This is the perfect holiday appetizer to share, a simple baked camembert or brie cheese wheel, topped with festive fig, cranberries and toasted pecans.
- 1 whole round camembert or brie wheel
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup fig jam
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4cup water
- (optional dash of brandy)
- Crackers or bread to serve
Preheat oven to 350F 180C
- Start by slicing the top of the cheese rind all the way around but you don't have to go all the way through - this makes it easy to take off once it’s melted.
- Place cheese on a baking tray and pop into the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes
- I prefer to toast my pecans so pop them in the oven on a separate tray for 8 minutes when the cheese goes in!
- To make the topping simply add the water, jam, orange zest and cranberries to a small sauce pan and stir together
- Leave to simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and gone soft, if it looks too dry then add a couple more tablespoons of water to loosen the jam up
- (if you want to make this booze you can add a dash of brandy!)
- Add the toasted pecans into the cranberries and stir together
- Take the cheese out and place straight away on a serving plate
- Using a knife take off the top rind layer
- Pile the cranberries and pecan over the top and serve immediately with bread or crackers while the cheese is lovely and gooey.